Are you tired of searching for jobs? Are you tired of attending interviews without positive results? Then, these steps would be of great help to you. Getting your dream job can be quite competitive because the numbers of job seekers are more than the jobs available. On the other hand, companies are looking for qualified candidates to be part of their team. How do you intend to win the heart of your potential employer despite your qualifications? Kindly follow these steps to take in order to be employed.
● STUDY THE JOB DESCRIPTION: A lot of people get carried away by the invite that they forget to study the roles and duties of the position they applied for. The description covers the skills needed, the years of experience needed, and the location of the interview. Study these things to get yourself equipped with the right knowledge.
● RESEARCH ABOUT THE COMPANY: It is necessary to find out the location of the company on google to know if the company is genuine or fake. It’s good to ask questions on Nairaland to know more about the company for safety purposes. It is also important to know the address so that you can arrive there before time, punctuality is one of the requirements of every interview process. It is necessary to wake up early and prepare for the interview.
● YOUR OUTFIT FOR THE INTERVIEW: How you appear determines how you will be addressed, first impression matters and as such you should look your very best. Dress corporate and look smart. Wear well-ironed clothing because it will boost your chances of getting the job. Also, try to be comfortable in your clothes.
● PREPARE YOUR CREDENTIALS: Your credentials are your certificates that carry your qualifications. It is important to arrange these certificates accordingly and make photocopies too in case you’re being asked for them. The way you present yourself shows that you’re composed. Your qualifications should match the role you applied for.
● BE PREPARED TO ANSWER PROFESSIONAL QUESTIONS: The interview already has your resume in his file, and he/she expects you to know the content of your resume, that is why you need to study your resume again before leaving for the interview. The first question is always targeted towards knowing you despite your details in your resume.
Be polite when answering questions but you should be bold and confident when answering. Have a rethink before answering, kindly ask the interviewer to come again when you aren’t clear about the questions being asked.
● PREPARE YOUR OWN QUESTIONS TOO: Asking questions during an interview doesn’t mean you’re rude, it simply shows that you came prepared and bold enough to take up the position with little or no supervision. Your body language is also very important, put on a smiling face, be free and comfortable with the environment. Asking questions shows that you are ready to be part of the organization’s team.
● FOLLOW UP: This is the part that most job seekers miss. Doing a follow-up is a very important aspect of an interview process. You actually don’t have to stop thereafter an interview, send a professional follow-up mail to the organization immediately you get a congregatory message. You need to acknowledge and thank them for a well-conducted interview process. A follow-up mail shows your availability for the job.
Getting a job is easy when you follow these steps explicitly explained above, you can have an advantage more than a person that comes with a more qualified certificate. Your manner of communication and boldness will give you a clear edge over your competitors.